The jar of crystal apple cranberry jam is a tasty decoration for a breakfast or deliberate tea-party. It pleases the eye and serves as immediate pick-me-up, turning “boring” toasts, crackers and “regular” cheeses to gastronomic specialties.
Apples turn to semitransparent soft candied fruit. As for cranberries, it gives the jam an attractive color and vivid, slight sour taste. Pectin-based jelling substance both makes the cooking process easier and creates amazing swelling texture.
To cook apple cranberry jam you will need the next ingredients:
- 2-3 apples (medium-large)
- 3,5 oz of cranberries
- 1,5 lb of sugar
- 20 g of jelling substance
- 3,5 fl oz of water
- 1 star anise
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 15 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Clean the berries from small leaves and stems. Rinse it carefully and mash it with potato masher.
2. Pour rolling boil on cranberries puree, cover the bowl with a dish and wait for 5-7 minutes.
3. Peel washed apples of sour-sweet juicy sorts, clean up from seeds and cut into small cubes. The smaller the fruit peaces would be, the faster they will be cooked in sweet mixture and became crystal.
4. Place the fruit slices into cast iron pot, pour the jelling substance and stir, shrinking each apple cube. Place the pot over medium heat and stir until dry grains will be melt.
5. Work the cranberries drink through a wire sieve and pour it on apples at once. Toss the berries pulp in the garbage.
6. Pour sugar, the quantity of which you may increase to 1 kilo. Add the fragrant anise and bring to a boil.
7. Skim off and discard any pink foam from the surface and give the fluffy treat to impatient sweet lovers. Reduce the heat and boil our amazing jam for the next 15-20 minutes. Pour the hot cooked apple cranberry jam in sterile glass jars and seal. Cool it completely and put away into a dark, dry and cold place.
So, apple cranberry jam is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!