Let’s us introduce you the easiest way to bake terrine, a French-named appetizer. This dish is called “soup tureen” in some countries. We will use ground beef as a base and chicken eggs as a filling in our recipe. We recommend choosing ground beef with balanced lean-to-fat ratio in order the appetizer has stable meat taste and needed hardness. If your bakeware doesn’t contain square baking dish, follow our example in placing vegs garnish on spare spots around terrine. Sufficient amount of juice, produced while baking, will saturate and enrich the dishes. Serve baked beef terrine with eggs and vegs hot, warm or cooled.
To bake beef terrine with eggs you will need the next ingredients:
- 1,5 lbs of ground beef, devided
- 2-3 bulbs of onion
- 1-2 carrots, sweet peppers, tomatoes, potatoes each
- 4 eggs
- salt, pepper, oil
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Add dried species, 1 raw egg and 1 bulb of grated yellow onion to minced meet. Mix by hands until thoroughly incorporated. Than beat the mass, picking up the meat with one hand and throwing it back into the bowl with effort or tossing it from one hand to another as if you are shaping luleh kabobs. As a result ground beef must easily be shaped into a meatloaf and doesn’t brake while baking.
2. Place one-half of ground-meat mixture on the oiled baking dish bottom in shape of a stretched flatbread. Press a well lengthways in the centre of meat with fingers.
3. Put hard-boiled eggs with shells removed into meat well one after another.
4. Cover the filling with the rest meat and compact by hands.
5. Divide tomatoes, sweet pepper and purple onions in quarters, julienne carrots roughly, chop potatoes in small chunks in order it could soften while be baked. Sprinkle vegs mix with salt and paper liberally, pour oil and place side-by-side with future terrine. Bake the dish under the lid, or having covered it with aluminum foil, for 60 minutes at 180 degrees temperature. Put aside the lid to let the excess fluid steam off 5-10 minutes before cooked.
So, beef terrine with eggs is baked!
Enjoy your meal!