Steamed in the oven and full of delicious fragrance, buckwheat with mushrooms proves that the vegetable diet doesn’t require sacrifice. Say no to gastronomy limitations. Our recipe can be referred to the hospitable and rustic cuisine. It is easy and cannot be called “ascetic”. Let’s have a leisurely dinner and enjoy the rich flavor of buckwheat with mushrooms, cooked in a ramekin.
To cook buckwheat with mushrooms in ramekins you will need the next ingredients:
- 5,3 oz of buckwheat
- 5,3 oz of champignons
- 6 of baby carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 2 Bay leaves
Prep and Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Rinse the champignons with tap water. Remove the soil, cut each mushroom lengthwise. Make medium-sized slices. Cut peeled onion into rings (no matter what sort of onion you take for this recipe). Put buckwheat in cold water for a couple of minutes to get rid of possible dust. Leave baby carrots uncut. Divide garlic cloves into 2-3 parts.
2. Heat the skillet with high edges and pour oil (of any sort). 30 seconds later, place cut onion and garlic into the skillet. Fry until semitransparent on the medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add carrots and sauté for the next couple of minutes.
4. Add champignons, mix and keep sauteing and evaporating the liquid. 2 minutes later, take the skillet off the stove. The preparatory stage is over.
5. Place wet buckwheat into a ramekin, draining the liquid.
6. Add vegetable and mushroom mixture into the ramekin. Press slightly.
7. Pour rapidly boiling water in the ramekins. Add a touch of salt, pepper seeds, bay leaf and a sprig of parsley. Cover the ramekins with lids and place buckwheat with mushrooms in the preheated oven. Bake at the temperature of 200-220 degrees for the first 5-7 minutes. Then, reduce the heat to 170 degrees and bake for another 25-30 minutes. Replace the cooked parsley into a fresh one and serve with vegetable juices.
So, buckwheat with mushrooms in ramekins is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!