Once upon a time, there lived a smart chef, who worked in a Swiss restaurant. One day he cut thin slits within the potato and baked it. Eventually diners liked the dish very much and it became the restaurant’s specialty called Hasselbek in honor of location.
Let’s take this cooking strike on board and bake a delicious garnish with large chicken quarters on a single baking sheet. Serve chicken quarters with Hasselbek potatoes hot.
To bake chicken quarters with Hasselbek potatoes you will need the next ingredients:
- 3 chicken quarters
- 9-10 potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp of salad oil
- 2 tbsp of species for chicken
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3-5 branches of greens (parsley, fennel)
- 1 tsp of barberries
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Rinse chicken quarters, pat dry it with paper towel and sprinkle with fragrant species all around. Add dried barberries and marinate it in cold for 30-40 minutes.
2. Wash potatoes, peel it, but don’t chop vegs. Put each potato onto hollow spoon for convenience and cut parallel crossed slits, leaving the bottom whole. The knife bumps up against the spoon’s sides and makes the procedure safe.
3. Chop finely fresh greens and garlic cloves, mix with favourite salad oil, add salt and pepper. So, potato dressing is cooked!
4. Dip each potato into dressing and stuff vegs, filling in the slits with greens and garlic.
5. Place marinated chicken quarters on the centre of baking sheet.
6. Put dressed potatoes around the chicken quarters, cover everything with aluminum foil and place the sheet into preheated oven for 40-5- minutes. Bake the dish at the temperature of 180 degrees. Remove the foil 10-12 minutes before baked in order to brown the chicken quarters’ skin and potatoes sides.
So, chicken quarters with Hasselbek potatoes are baked!
Enjoy your meal!