Our recipe is for those who doesn’t afraid difficulties and is ready to put a good word in for delicious chocolate cake to bring joy to her or his folks! This bakery contains wet, permeated crumb, sour-sweet fruit layer, much cream and chocolate aftertaste. The chocolate cake with cocoa powder, baked according to this recipe, won’t leave anybody cold!
To bake chocolate cake with cocoa powder you will need the next ingredients:
- 7 oz of all-purpose flour and sugar each
- 13 oz of condensed milk
- 3-5 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3 ½ -5,2 oz of chocolate plum jam
- 12-13 oz of butter, divided
- 3 ½ -5,2 oz of bittersweet dark chocolate
- Prep and Cook time: 2 hours
- Yield: 8 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Take butter and eggs out of the fridge beforehand. The butter must have cream-like texture. As for eggs, it must be of room temperature. Place first 4 ½ oz of soft butter into a hollow bowl, add all sugar mentioned and stir.
2. Crack eggs one after another, mixing the mass until smooth each time.
3. Add lemon juice to baking soda, pour sparkling mixture to prepared mass, and stir hardly.
4. Pour the flour steadily and knead sticky dough lump free.
5. Add 1-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder to color dough dark and give chocolate taste to baked crusts. Mix until cocoa powder incorporate evenly.
6. Divide the dough in half and bake two crusts in springform pan 8,6 inches in diameter. Place an oiled sheet of parchment to the pan’s bottom for convenience. Bake the crust at 180 degrees temperature for 20 minutes. Let the tender crusts cool completely and permeate it with sweet syrup if you wish.
7. Mix the next 7 ounces of butter with a whisk to incorporate it with air for a several minutes.
8. Pour condensed milk to a mass and keep stirring.
9. Sift the rest of cocoa powder and mix the cream until smooth. Put it into the fridge to make it denser for a half of an hour. Those who like intense chocolate taste may double or triple the cocoa powder quantity.
10. Prepare the cake decorations beforehand. Melt 1,7 ounce of chocolate and 1 tablespoon of butter over a bain marie. Create all possible figures on sheet of paper with a baking syringe and put it into the fridge until cooled completely.
11. Spread cream over one crust and chocolate plum jam over another one.
12. Wait 20-25 minutes until the lower crust cream would harden and cover it with the second crust, chocolate plum jam downwards. Grease upper crust’s surface and cake’s sides with cream and keep it in cold before decorating for 20 minutes. Melt 1,7-3,5 ounces of chocolate and 0,5-0,7 ounces of butter over bain marie again to make a glaze and draw the figures you wish on the cake with this liquid mixture. Let the chocolate cake rest after your creative undertakings in the fridge for 2-3 hours and serve!
So, chocolate cake with cocoa powder is baked!
Enjoy your meal!