A chocolate coconut roll in this recipe is prepared without cooking on the base of biscuits crumbs and cocoa powder. You may step aside from the recipe and take biccies with nut for a base or just add your favourite nuts. Bounty-like roll hits the little candy lovers best. Besides, this dessert with a strong coconut taste can substitute calorific cakes, cupcakes and candies at the party.
To prepare a chocolate coconut roll you will need the next ingredients:
- 1/5 lbs of sweet biscuits from sandy dough
- 2,8 oz of desiccated coconut and powdered sugar each
- 3,5 oz of sugar and butter each
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of water (boiled and cooled)
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Crush bics into fine powder in a kitchen machine or by hands.
2. Add a cocoa powder and mix the dry ingredients.
3. Make simple syrup in a small saucepan. First, boil the water, than add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Don’t wait until the syrup cooled and pour it into biscuit-chocolate mixture. Carefully knead until smooth and slightly sticky mass. Don’t burn yourself! So, future roll’s first layer “dough” preparing is completed!
4. Let’s get down to combining fair ingredients. Whisk powdered sugar with melted butter, which must be taken out of the fridge 4 hour before the process.
5. Sprinkle desiccated coconut and knead until ingredients combined into plastic ball.
6. Sheet plastic wrap on an even surface and spread chocolate mass on it. Don’t allow empty spots and press dark layer with fingers to get a shape of rectangle. To get ideal result, cover the mass with another sheet of plastic wrap and roll into sheet 0,2 inch thick using a rolling-pin.
7. Remove the upper layer of plastic wrap and spread the fair coconut sheet.
8. Roll layers in a way you roll sushi. Place the roll in a plastic wrap in the freeze for a half an hour. Cut up the harden roll on servings, decorate it by sprinkling it with coconut powder and serve!
So, chocolate coconut roll is prepared!
Enjoy your meal!