If you bake traditional cottage cheese crepes with sour cream topping in the oven, you will get an amazing dessert and a real pleasure for gourmets. Serve baked, incredibly soft and melting in mouth cottage cheese crepes with sour cream and vanilla topping hot or cooled.
To cook cottage cheese crepes with sour cream topping you will need the next ingredients:
- 7 oz of all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cup of milk, divided
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 9 oz of cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 7 oz of sour cream (max. fat)
- 2 tsp of vanilla sugar, divided in half
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Whisk together eggs of room temperature and one part of sugar.
2. Throw a pinch of salt in the mixture. Gradually add in the milk and wheat flour.
3. Knead a tight batter and pour vegetable oil. Whisk to remove all lumps until you get smooth texture.
4. Pour the rest of the milk in sticky flour mass. Keep whisking the crepes batter until liquid enough. If you pour the milk in two parts, the batter will get smooth and lumps-free easier. Leave the batter for half an hour to set gluten free to work. A well-known TV chef and a popular author of cookbooks, Julia Child, who adapted French cuisine for everyday Americans, recommends to leave crepes batter in the fridge during the night before frying.
5. Use non-stick cake pan to fry traditional thin crepes without additional oil. Pour a soup ladle per crepe into the heated pan and tilt the skillet to cover the surface completely with batter. Fry for 20-30 seconds and flip a crepe. Set the cooked crepes aside in a pile.
6. So, the most difficult step is over. Now, let’s get down to making a filling. Mix cottage cheese with 1-2 tablespoon of sour crème and the rest of the sugar. Place cheese filling in each crepe’s centre and roll it over to seal folding the left and right edges previously. As a result, you must get a compact roll with cheese filling.
7. Set the rolled crepes with cottage cheese in an ovenproof bowl.
8. Grease all crepes layers, including the top layer, with sour crème mixed with vanilla sugar and place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Bake at the 170 degrees temperature.
So, cottage cheese crepes with sour cream topping are cooked!
Enjoy your meal!