Let’s introduce you the method of cooking a thick, creamy tomato soup. If you take this recipe on board, you will be able to eat soups on fasting days even. Amuse yourself with colorful and delicious, homemade tomato soup, which can surely compete with modern restaurant analogues.
Serve the cooked creamy tomato soup with snow-white “islands” of salty bryndza and your favourite greens.
To cook creamy tomato soup you will need the next ingredients:
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 2-3 sweet peppers of red fleshy sorts
- 2-3 branchlets of thyme
- 1,7 oz of bryndza
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, lemon fresh juice each
- salt, pepper, greens
- chili pepper as an option
- Prep and Cook time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Choose ripe vegetables for the soup with vivid color and without any defects. Place washed red tomatoes and peppers in a plastic oven bag, seal it tightly and put into oven, preheated to 190-200 degrees. Bake at the same temperature for 15-20 minutes. You may also arrange vegetables for soup on a baking sheet, having cut it previously into large chunks.
2. Let’s take the hardest step now. Peel the baked vegetables skins, cut stiff tomatoes stem core off and clean peppers out from seeds. We will need tender flesh with soft fragrance for soup only.
3. Puree the ingredients until smooth.
4. Add salt and pepper on your taste, keep in mind bryndza’ saltiness.
5. Squeeze a lemon that will provide freshness and slightly sour taste for the dish. Add green leaves of thyme. Those who like hot spicy soups can add couple of chili pepper rings. Stir quickly, combining all ingredients together. Pour the soup into plates and decorate it with bryndza and greens.
So, creamy tomato soup is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!