These potato pancakes are nutritious, but very tasty. The recipe and similar to that of Swiss Potato aka Rösti, Belarusian draniki, Czech bramborak, Ukrainian deruny or kartoflaniki. Forget about your weight for a time and make a party with “complicated” kind of deruny filled with meat. Serve homemade nutritious and tasty deruny with meat accompanied with sour cream and greens.
To cook deruny with meat you will need the next ingredients:
- 4-7 potatoes
- 7 oz of ground meat
- 1 egg and onion each
- 3-4 tbsp of flour
- salad oil
- Prep and Cook time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Wash potatoes, peel it and grater it finely. Peel an onion and grater it too. Press the liquid off the mixture to hold deruny tight while fried. Mix the vegetable with one egg, flour and grounded spices until all ingredients combine well.
2. Heat a pan and pour oil into its heated surface. Place potato mixture by a tablespoon into pan and form somewhat like small pancakes. Fry them over medium-high heat.
3. Put some ground meat, sprinkled with black pepper and salt, into the center of each pancake.
4. Cover the filling with additional spoonful of potato mixture and press to seal slightly with a spatula. Fry until brown, turn over and fry again. Act quickly and don’t reduce the heat.
5. Place the semi-cooked deruny into ovenproof bowl, cover it with a lid or a sheet of foil and place into preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes. Bake until completely cooked at the temperature of 190 degrees. Remove extra oil from potato pancakes surface with a paper towel if needed before placing into oven.
So, deruny with meat are cooked!
Enjoy your meal!