Our method of doughnuts’ forming allows using minimum oil and a regular pan. As a result, we get farmer cheese doughnuts that are not too greasy. The bakery is covered with a thin crust that makes the crumb tender, fluffy and permeated with a creamy flavor. As for sugar coating, it is either decorates the bakery or makes it more delicious.
To bake farmer cheese doughnuts you will need the next ingredients:
- 1 glass of all-purpose flour
- 1 glass of farmer cheese 9% fat
- ½ glass of sugar
- 1 egg
- 3,5 tbsp of oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla sugar
- ½ tsp of baking soda
Prep and Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
Protein: 10 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Choose short-grained farmer cheese with a high percentage of fat, stir it with vanilla sugar (take one or two packets), 1/5 glass of sugar and an egg.
2. Mix baking soda and flour together breaking lumps. Thus, salty-bitter lumps will not spoil the impression that our tasty farmer cheese doughnuts create. According to the recipe, the proportions of flour and farmer cheese are equal. However, in case your cheese is too wet or you have added a too big egg, just increase the amount of flour. Knead the soft and elastic dough and start shaping doughnuts at once.
3. Divide the dough made of farmer cheese into balls equal to big apricots. Then, stretch it into a twine 2,7-3 inches length. After that, press each twine lengthwise to form some kind of a roof with three angles.
4. Heat the pan with oil in it (you may take salad oil or corn refined oil). Place 3-angled future doughnuts on the pan and fry on the low heat until brown.
5. Turn the doughnuts on the pale sides and keep frying. Fry the third side. This time is enough to bake the doughnuts from inside in order to escape water-logged dough areas. Besides, this method sets you free from blotting bakery with a napkin.
6. Roll hot doughnuts in sugar immediately pressing each side. Serve the farmer cheese doughnuts slightly cooled.
So, farmer cheese doughnuts are baked!
Enjoy your meal!