Let’s bake farmer cheese pie with tropic flavors: bananas’, oranges’ and pineapples’ ones. It has a thin short dough crust and high-layer filling, like a cheesecake – an American dessert.
The bananas’ flesh is an amazing draw product for pastry, which allows minimizing the amount of flour in dough or getting it absolutely free from flour, stiffener, and semolina, as those in our recipe. The farmer cheese pie with bananas is Sunday’s one. It is worth of important events. It perfectly matches the summer menu for it is more beaten than cream pies. It is liked by adults and children all the way.
To bake farmer cheese pie with bananas we will need the next ingredients:
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 6 ½ tbsp of butter
- 4,2 oz of sugar
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 14 oz of farmer cheese 5% fat
- 3 tbsp of sour cream 20% fat
- 2 bananas
- 1 ½ tbsp of orange zest
- 3,5 oz of pineapple canned
- Prep and cook time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Grate the butter with 1,7 oz of sugar and one yolk.
2. Pour the sieved flour and cocoa powder, which will color the future crust and give it the chocolate taste.
3. Knead the elastic, smooth short dough. Than roll it into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and put into the deep-freeze for 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile make the filling for tropic pie. Combine in a bowl peeled bananas, dense and fat sour cream, rest of the sugar, farmer cheese and an egg. Puree it for one or two minutes, blending the components on maximum and letting the farmer cheese get smooth.
5. Put slightly dried pieces of canned pineapples and orange zest into smooth farmer cheese mass. Mix it until filling spread evenly. So, the filling is ready!
6. Put the cold chocolate dough into baker pan by 9 inches in diameter and press it evenly into bottom and several inches up sides. Spike the crust with a fork randomly.
7. Pour sweet mass from farmer cheese and fruits into the crust and bake it about 50 minutes in the oven at the temperature of 170 degrees. Put the pie into the pre-heated oven only.
8. Allow the attractive, tasty smelling farmer cheese pie with bananas to cool. Let the smooth, soufflé-liked layer get absolutely firm.
Farmer cheese pie with bananas is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!