Let us introduce you the way of baking a fig pie with hazelnuts. Figs are processed thermally for couple of minutes only in this recipe in order to preserve all its nutritious value, keep soft pulp and taste of these amazing Southern fruit. This pie, covered with hazelnut praline, can be referred to Sunday morning bakery for its look pleases the eye and its taste combination is perfect.
To bake fig pie with hazelnuts you will need the next ingredients:
- 7 oz of all-purpose flour
- 5,2 oz of sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of butter and sour cream each
- 2 figs (fresh)
- 2,5 oz of hazelnuts
- Prep and Cook time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Whisk 3,5 oz of sugar with eggs until yolks combine with whites.
2. Add sour cream and keep whisking hardly.
3. Add butter, which must be previously melted and cooled until warm or even cold.
4. Mix baking powder with flour and sieve it into the bowl with prepared liquid mixture.
5. Mix until smooth and throw there a handful of chopped nuts. Choose blanched and peeled ones.
6. Pour the dough with hazelnuts in a ceramic baking dish 9,5 inches in diameter, even the surface and put the semi-product into the preheated oven for the first 25 minutes. Bake the crust at the temperature of 190 degrees.
7. Take almost baked pie with dried top out of the oven.
8. Slice washed fig finely lengthwise, and arrange pieces randomly across the tender dough layer, pressing it slightly. Put the pie back in the oven for the last 2-3 minutes. The fruit must get warm during this time. Keep baking at the temperature of 180 degrees.
9. Put the rest of sugar on a preheated skillet, melt grains and add chopped nuts into caramel sauce, stir immediately.
10. Don’t let the nutty caramel harden and pour it on the baked fig pie at once. Serve it right away!
So, fig pie with hazelnuts is baked!
Enjoy your meal!