Fleshy, soft, baked pike with small number of tiny bones preserves juiciness, fine fish fragrance, snow white fibers and matches steamed vegetables much. Our recipe suggests cooking foil baked pike on the spicy and sweet onions “pillow”, which can substitute garnish and sauce.
To cook foil baked pike you will need the next ingredients:
- 2,2 lbs of pike
- 4,2 oz of leek
- 2 bulbs of purple onions
- 1 bulb of onion large
- 3 tbs salad oil
- 1,8 oz of butter
- 1 pc of green chilies
- bay leaf
Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 5 servings
Protein: 14 g
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Gut a fish, rinse and pat dry. Remove fins and tale, clean out the insides. Cut the pike into large chunks or leave it single-pieced.
2. Sprinkle fish chunks with dried species heavily from all sides.
3. Cover the tin with foil, grease it with oil and fill it with onion stuffing. Choose different sorts of onions for “pillow”. Slice onions crosswise thickly, cut into semi-rings or leaves. Arrange many-coloured platter evenly across the tin.
4. Arrange pike, sprinkled with salt and black pepper, over onion crumbs.
5. Put a green chili that burns not too much, has mouth-filling pepper fragrance and specific bitterness, between fish chunks. Add there bay leaf, peppercorns and spicy thyme. Put butter knobs on pike’s back. This will smoothen the dishes and give it amazing after-taste.
6. Cover the tin with foil sheet tightly without leaving any holes. Put the semi-finished product into pre-heat oven for 40 minutes. Keep the oven’s temperature at 170 degrees. You may also put packed tin into the fridge and bake it in the pre-heat oven during 40 minutes just before the guests visit.
7. Serve foil baked pike on onion “pillow” immediately, while it is hot, having sprinkled it with fresh greens!
So, foil baked pike is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!