People used to bake pumpkin-shaped cookies for kids on Halloween. They put sweet ingredients in cookies’ dough, and paint eyes, nose or mouth on the baked pastry with chocolate or colored icing. But we are going to bake Halloween cookies for adults with salt and cheese. In fact, kids will highly appreciate the cookies too.
It looks amazingly thanks for its exquisite shape and color. These salty cookies sing the praise of colorful and nutritious autumn pumpkin and are baked for those who like sugarless, sandy pastry and Halloween parties. It is a wonderful alternative for crackers, snacks, crisp breads and toasts. The salty pumpkin cookies with spicy taste look funny and are good with mains, hot tea with sugar, and with beer of course.
To bake Halloween salty pumpkin cookies you will need the next ingredients:
- 1 glass of flour
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 3,5 oz of hard cheese
- 2-3 tsp of ground paprika
- 2-3 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1,7 oz of pumpkin seeds
- 3-4 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Place dry ingredients into a chopper bowl: flour, touch of salt, species and pumpkin seeds. If you have fresh rosemary instead of dry, increase the quantity 1,5 times of twice.
2. Chop the ingredients on high speeds until they ground finely.
3. Add butter, shredded cheese, and cooled pumpkin puree. You may either boil the pumpkin flesh or bake it in oven.
4. Put all the ingredients into chopper bowl and knead elastic, smooth, colored dough.
5. Shape a long twine. Press the lengthwise stripe in the middle of the dough twine with a Chinese stick, for example. This stripe will further become a home for decorative pumpkins stems.
6. Wrap the twine in a foil sheet and put into freeze for 20-30 minutes. The cooled dough must not stick to a knife or fingers, be cut easily and keep shape perfectly.
7. Unwrap the dough, and cut the cooled twine into pucks of 0,2 inch thick, place a seed into each hollow space, slightly press it into dough to avoid partition. Place the slices into a bakery sheet with oiled parchment paper and bake in the preheated oven at the temperature of 180 degrees for 25 minutes. In the middle of baking process turn the brown cookies over.
So, Halloween salty pumpkin cookies are baked!
Enjoy your meal!