Our honey apple pie’s baking technique is similar to clafoutis’ one, for it consists of flour crust and opened tender filling from berries or fruits. Nevertheless, there will be some differences as though substituting creamery for honey, short dough for one made of Pâte Brisée technique. As for the pie’s taste, it differs much for it’s more flavourful.
Leave baked honey apple pie to cool until just warm and decorate it to your liking. As for our example, we’ve added confectioners’ sugar touch to our bakery and decorated it with roasted blanch hazelnut crumb topping.
To bake honey apple pie you will need the next ingredients:
- 4/5 cup of all-purpose flour
- 7 tbsp of butter
- 1-3 tbsp of sugar
- 3-4 tbsp of honey
- 4-6 apples
- 2-3 eggs
- 1-1,5 tsp of cinnamon, lemon zest each
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Cut cooled butter into small chunks and drop it on sifted flour, add sugar immediately.
2. Mix the ingredients to middle sized dots. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of ice water and knead the dough until smooth.
3. Roll out the dough to a sheet 3-4 mm high according to the size of your baker pan. Oil the pan and cover it with dough, pressing it and lifting its edges up sides.
4. Spike the bottom of the future crust with fork in many places. Brush the edges, roll it in a twine and decorate the future pie’s borders with it.
5. Cut big, fleshy and thick apples into quarters, clean up these quarters from seeds and skins. Place fruit pieces inside the crust close to each other. Put apple pieces length-side-down. Place semi-product into preheated to maximum degree oven for 15 minutes at first. Dry it at 180˚C temperature than.
6. Meanwhile, combine the filling’s ingredients. Place together two big or three small eggs, honey, ground cinnamon, lemon zest and mix until smooth.
7. As soon as the pie would be baked at one third, get it out of the oven and pour with honey filling. Put it back into oven and continue baking at the same temperature for another 35-40 minutes.
So, honey apple pie is baked!
Enjoy your meal!