This recipe’s home-cooked Russian pelmeni (ravioli) differ by juicy, fragrant stuffing and thin flour casing. You can try another stuffing, combining different types of meat, but leave the main species – black pepper and bay leaf. You should better use two small eggs or one big egg to knead the dough. Add flour steadily while kneading and don’t let the mass turn to tight, stiff paste.
Let’s cook pelmeni with beef and chicken stuffing today. We will use two types of minced meat in equal proportions. Serve home-cooked chicken-beef pelmeni with melted butter and fresh greens with garlic chopped in small pieces.
To cook pelmeni with beef and chicken stuffing you will need the next ingredients:
- 14 oz of chicken meet minced
- 14 oz of beef meet minced
- 1 bulb of onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tbs salad oil
- 100 ml of bay leaf water
- bay leaf
Prep and Cook time: 2 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Protein: 14 g
Fat: 12 g
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Chop onion into tiny pieces, combine it with two types of minced meat and dried species in big bowl. Pour there bay leaf water and mix everything carefully until smooth. Bay leaf water will intensify the fragrance and make the stuffing juicy.
2. Put 1 teaspoon of salt into the flour, add 1 tablespoon of salad oil and mix it quickly.
3. Beat eggs with water or milk into thin foam, add there flour and start kneading dough. Knead it until you get soft, plastic texture.
4. At the end of the process grease your hand with another tablespoon of oil and knead the dough once again carefully.
5. Put the pasta into a bowl, cover it with a towel or plastic wrap and set it aside to rest for half an hour to get more gluten.
6. Make sheet of dough as thin as you can. Place it on the ravioli case board having coiled it around the wooden rolling pin.
7. Press the dough with fingers into cases slightly and fill it with meat-minced balls.
8. Make the second dough sheet and cover the stuffing tightly.
9. Press the wooden rolling pin strongly across the dough, brushing the edges and cutting the borders between cases.
10. Put aside the dough rests, than overturn ravioli case board and release dough pockets on the floured chopping board. Put pelmeni in deep-freeze or in the boiled water.
11. Add the pelmeni in rapidly boiling salted water together with bay leaf and peppercorns. Boil it 5-6 minutes after they float.
Pelmeni with beef and chicken stuffing are cooked!
Enjoy your meal!