The pumpkin taste is not so obvious in this recipe thanks for cinnamon’s soft fragrance. The flour is replaced by semolina that helps muffins preserve its juiciness and wetness. Mixed egg white provides the pastry with a special tenderness. Capricious kids eat the orange pastry with pleasure if to keep the dough’s composition in secret.
This recipe ingredients quantity is enough to bake 3-4 muffins, which can be served as a light breakfast or as an addition for nooning or have-a-bite. If you are going to treat a whole company, increase the ingredients quantity accordingly.
To bake pumpkin muffins you will need the next ingredients:
- ½ lb of pumpkin
- 4 tbsp of semolina, sugar each
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 egg (white only)
- 1 tsp of butter
- Prep and Cook time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Peel a pumpkin, scoop off the pulp and seeds, and cut the pumpkin into random-sized cubes. Cook orange veg’s pieces in rapidly boiling water until soft 10-15 minutes approximately. You can also wrap the pumpkin pieces into foil and bake it in the oven.
2. Mix one egg’s white on high speed until thick pikes to make our future muffins as fluffy and soufflé-like as possible.
3. Set the cooked pumpkin pieces free from water and mash it with potato masher until smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients into silky puree: semolina, sugar and ground cinnamon’s touch for warm fragrance. Mix all components until smooth texture.
5. At last, add beaten egg’s white in very soft, overly tacky dough and stir carefully with a spoon bottom-upwards.
6. Grease ramekins or muffin form with the piece of melted butter and fill it in with colorful dough on 2/3. Bake the pumpkin muffins at the temperature of 180 degrees for around 25 minutes. Put the form in preheated oven. Cool the baked pumpkin muffins to lukewarm, decorate it with touch of powdered sugar, for example, or with favourite soft-ripened cheese and sprinkle with cleaned pumpkin seeds.
So, pumpkin muffins are baked!
Enjoy your meal!