Shopska Bryndza, baked in ramekins, is a safe bet of a tasty, nourishing breakfast that will give you energy and excellent mood for the rest of the day. Large-handed Bulgarian cuisine mixed colorful, sunny vegs with salted pickled cheese and eggs that are used to be eaten in the morning. Vegetables give its juice and fragrance to the dish and meanwhile are cooked in al-dente style, what provides it freshness, juiciness and pleasant steamed texture. Serve shopska bryndza hot and decorated with fresh greens!
To bake two servings of shopska bryndza you will need the next ingredients:
- 11 oz of bryndza
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 2 chicken eggs
- 2-2 ½ tbsp of butter, devided
- salt, pepper, greens
- Prep and Cook time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Julienne red sweet pepper, cut tomatoes and bryndza into cubes.
2. Oil ramekins with one-half of butter.
3. Put bryndza cheese as the first layer.
4. Put paprika’s stripes next. You may use sweet peppers of different colors except red ones. Cube-shaped peppers are good for this dish.
5. Place mature and fleshy tomatoes as the next layer. Pepper to taste. If you don’t freak out too much salted dishes you may add some salt. Meanwhile you should remember that this type of cheese contains enough salt on its own.
6. Crack an egg upon each serving. Place in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes and bake at the 200 degrees temperature. The dishes will be baked when egg whites solidify.
So, shopska bryndza is baked!
Enjoy your meal!