Hot plain snake beans appetizer, baked without any gastronomic specialty, may substitute full-meal garnish. It may please vegetarians and those who are fond of vegetable menu. Decorate cooked snake beans with chopped green onions and stack on plates in a pyramid shape. Serve vegs appetizer hot or completely cooled.
To cook snake beans appetizer you will need the next ingredients:
- 1,2 – 1,3 lbs of snake beans
- 1-2 bulbs of purple onion
- ½ of garlic
- 2 tbsp of salad oil
- 2-3 tomatoes
- Green onions, salt, pepper
- Prep and Cook time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Divide rinsed long pods in half or in three pieces. Cut off rough edges from both ends and throw it away.
2. Heat oil on a stewpan or a skillet and fry short green straws over high heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the beans in a ceramic or other heatproof dish.
3. Don’t cool the skillet, fry there finely slices garlic cloves and chopped onion of juicy sorts. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
4. Transfer sautéed onion-garlic to the pods.
5. Scald tomatoes and peel it couple of minutes later. Chop it on random chunks and add to the rest ingredients. You may add one or two spoons of tomato paste or any other red sauce to the beans. Sprinkle everything with dried species. Cover the dish with lid or a sheet of aluminum foil and place plain semi-product into preheated oven for a half an hour. Bake the appetizer at the temperature of 180 degrees.
So, snake beans appetizer is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!