Let’s cook square, colorful solyanka with the meat for dinner with a slightly sour taste and seductive fragrance, after analyzing the fridge and pragmatically using all sorts of leftovers. Feel free to take all varieties of meat and sausage products, but the thing you need religiously is a lemon, pickles, and tomato paste.
To cook solyanka with the meat you will need the next ingredients:
- 10,5 oz of meat (boneless)
- 7 oz of sausage products (sausages, hunter sausage, gammon, etc.)
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp of salad oil each
- 3 potatoes
- 2 pickles each
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion each
- 1,7 oz of olives
- 1 lemon
- 2 piece of bay leaf
Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 10 servings
Protein: 4 g
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Pour a small amount of water on boneless meat cut in large pieces and put the saucepan on the heat. As soon as the water boils, drain the liquid off and rinse the meat to get rid of the foam. Pour the meat with 1,6-1,7 l of water and boil it once again. Cook under the lid in the medium-low heat for about half an hour.
2. Meantime, let’s cook a filling. Sautee an onion cut in cubes, add a grated carrot a minute later and cook until soft. Do not over dry the mix.
3. Add sausage products next, smoked sausage including. Mix with the onion-carrot platter and fry for a couple of minutes to permit the smoked fragrance in.
4. Add pickles and tomato paste, pour one or two ladles of meat soup stock and mix all ingredients. Cook under the lid as long as meat cooks in the saucepan.
5. Add julienne potatoes, bay leaves and several pepper seeds into the soup stock and cook for some time.
6. Check if the potatoes softened. If so, add the filling into the soup. Taste it and pour a lemon juice. Salt and pepper.
7. Add olives, lemon slices, and fresh greens. Serve the cooked solyanka with the meat as it is or add a spoon of sour cream/mayonnaise.
So, solyanka with the meat is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!