Let’s catch the last autumn days with its colorful season of vegetables and bake squash pudding with cottage cheese. Serve brown cottage cheese pudding with squash hot, warm or completely cooled with sour cream or your favourite topping. Even choosiest eaters will be delighted with amazingly looking tasty dish and its exquisite way of serving!
To bake squash pudding with cottage cheese you will need the next ingredients:
- 2,2 lb of squash flesh
- 10,5 oz of cottage cheese, 9% fat
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of sugar (or honey)
- 1/2 of lemon
- 1 oz of semolina
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Choose tear drop shaped squash of sweet sorts. Cut the washed veg lengthwise, scoop off the soft pulp and seeds. Left one half untouched because it will serve as a baking bowl. Peel the other half and grate it finely.
2. Stir the fat cottage cheese with one large or two small eggs.
3. Add row squash flesh. Squeeze the grated flesh if it is too juicy.
4. Pour sugar, which can be replaced by honey.
5. Add semolina and mix, letting the grains soak the water and increase its volume.
6. Peel the half of lemon and squeeze it to give the soft bakery a hint of citrus flavor. Stir squash and cottage cheese mass until smooth.
7. Fill in the orange bowl made of squash with the sweet mass chock full. Mount the semi-product on the baking sheet or in a springform pan, than place it into preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Bake at the temperature of 180 degrees.
So, squash pudding with cottage cheese is baked!
Enjoy your meal!