Traditional recipe of sponge cake makes up the backbone of our striped cocoa dessert. So, the ingredients minimum adding sequence, appropriate separate yolks and white whisking is very important here. Thin cocoa stripes give gentle chocolate taste to bakery and create contrast lines, dividing amazing sunny-light crumb with wavy motives.
We can easily get attracting kettledrum confection just baking striped cocoa sponge cake in silicone baking mold avoiding multilayered cake creation with dividing crusts and adding cream coating.
Cool baked soft striped sponge cake, having decorated it with thin cocoa powder coating, and serve with whipped cream or favourite jam for sweets-lovers.
To bake striped cocoa sponge cake you will need the next ingredients:
- 3,5 oz of cake flour
- 5,3 oz of sugar, divided
- 4 eggs (large)
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla sugar
- 5-7 tbsp of cocoa powder, divided
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 8 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Collect yolks and whisk with half of sugar until slightly pale.
2. Combine whites with sugar rest with mixer gradually picking up on high speed until thick peaks.
3. Sift the cake flour twice minimum. Do it above the empty bowl first and than above the bowl with other ingredients.
4. Put one third of whites foam to sugar-yolks mixture and whisk.
5. Pour vanilla sugar in the bowl and whisk the mixture until smooth and thick.
6. Add beaten whites rest to sticky dough spoon by spoon and knead carefully and steadily at the same time. Fluffy sponge cake dough is made!
7. Oil the silicone cake baking mold slightly and fill in with one third of dough. Sift cocoa powder’s half above the pale dough surface, covering every inch of it.
8. Repeat the previous step.
9. The top layer must consist of dough only. Bake the striped cocoa sponge cake in preheated to 190 degrees oven for half an hour. Keep in mind that oven door is forbidden to be opened for the first 15-20 minutes!
So, striped cocoa sponge cake is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!