A large number of sweet sauté, tender mushrooms and delicious and useful rice sound a good filling for a meatless version of stuffed peppers. In addition, we suggest enriching the dish taste with thyme aroma and the dried barberry acidity.
To cook stuffed peppers with mushrooms and rice you will need the next ingredients:
- 6 sweet peppers
- 3,5 oz of red rice
- 1,7 oz of white rice
- 7 oz of champignons
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot each
- 2 tbsp of barberry
- 3 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- 3 branchlets of thyme
- bay leaf
Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
Yield: 3 servings
Protein: 3 g
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Cook the rice, as you usually do for staffed peppers with meat. Take red and white rice in 2:1 proportions in this recipe. Rinse and cool the rice. Saute the finely chopped onion, garlic cloves, and thyme leaf with oil on the low heat. Cook until the mix steams, becomes semitransparent, non-burned and juicy.
2. 2-3 minutes after, add sweet carrot grated largely. Keep frying stirring time after time. Take a lot of vegetables and mushrooms since we have no meat in our recipe.
3. Wash mushrooms carefully, than chop them into mid-sliced chunks. Add in hot onion-carrot mix. Throw a touch of salt, dried species and fry until the liquid steams off.
4. Add cooled red-white rice to the mix from vegetable, champignons and barberry, which goes well with rice dishes. Add salt and pepper if needed.
5. Mix until all ingredients combine well. The filling is cooked!
6. Fill in the hollow peppers until fully filled. Press the filling slightly with fingers and cover the peppers with stalks-lids. Place the ready semi-products in a spacious ovenproof dish in a single layout.
7. Combine the dense tomato paste with a glass of rapidly boiling water. Add a touch of salt, pepper. Pour the mixture on the stuffed peppers. Add branchlets of fragrant thyme and cook in a preheated oven at the 180-degree temperature for about 30-40 minutes. Keep the dish under the foil during the first 15 minutes. Decorate the hot lean stuffed peppers with fresh greens and serve.
So, the stuffed peppers with mushrooms and rice are cooked!
Enjoy your meal!