We would like to present you the easiest recipe of homemade sushi rolls’ cooking stuffed with the most affordable filling – a fresh cucumber and usual omelet. We will cook two types of rolls, which are classic ones, covered with rice and rolled tightly into nori sheet, and Uramaki-like sushi rolls with rice outside.
Serve the cooked homemade sushi rolls with a cucumber and omelet with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce, which are traditional for this dish.
To cook the rolls with a cucumber and omelet we will need the next ingredients:
- 7 oz of rice (sushi rice)
- 1 tbs of rice vinegar
- omelet made of two eggs
- 1 cucumber
- 2 nori sheets
- black and white sesame seeds
- soy sauce, wasabi, pickled ginger
- Prep and cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Rinse the rice in cold water carefully and boil it until it cooked, according to directions. Pour rice vinegar on it and mix.
2. Place a nori sheet upon a bamboo rolling mat, covered with the plastic wrap.
3. Take a handful of rice and spread it evenly over the grass. Watch the bounds.
4. Peel a fresh cucumber and slice it on thin strips lengthwise. Position the cucumber cutting on the rice layer about 1,5-2 inches from the edge.
5. Add there similar sliced cold egg omelet strips.
6. Lift up the edge of makisu, the bamboo rolling mat, apply pressure and roll the fillings firmly away from you.
7. It takes 5 minutes for piece to get firm. Than you may cut it to servings slices.
8. Cook the second type of sushi rolls in sesame seeds coating inside out. Cover the bamboo mat with plastic wrap again than spread the rice tightly.
9. Position the nori sheet upon.
10. Place the cucumber and omelet stuffing again.
11. Roll the dish.
12. Turn the piece over in sesame seeds on a baking paper sheet or on a chopping board. Choose black or white sesame seeds to your wish. Cut the swirl five minutes later.
The rolls with a cucumber and omelet is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!