The picturesque two-color bread for home cooking is both a true decoration of a breakfast, dinner and supper and the gastronomic pleasure. Of course, the baking takes you much spare time and efforts. However, the result is worth it!
Serve the baked two-color bread completely or partially cooled under the kitchen napkin. Being baked according to this recipe, this bread may be served both fresh and crispy toasted.
To bake the two-color bread you will need the next ingredients:
- 0,4 oz of yeast (dry)
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of poppy or sesame seeds
- 1,3 lb of flour
- 0,1 pt of salad oil
Prep and Cook time: 2 hour
Yield: 12 servings
Protein: 10 g
Fat: 9 g
Carbohydrates: 57 g
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. At first, “wake” the yeast: pour yeast and sugar in lukewarm milk. Mix the ingredients and stand the dish away for 10-15 minutes until foam appears.
2. Combine 1,2 ft of flour and salt in a separate dish with high edges.
3. Transfer the raised yeast mixture into the bowl and start kneading the dough with hands.
4. Add salad oil and knead until soft.
5. Divide the dough into two parts and put into different bowls. Add to one of the pale parts tomato paste and the flour rests. Keep kneading until the dough ball is evenly colored.
6. Finish kneading dough and cover two dishes containing different color dough with kitchen napkins. Leave them in a warm place for the next two hours.
7. Fold the risen dough balls, putting little efforts.
8. Roll out two rectangular dough sheets on the counter. Made the sheets fit the ovenproof bowl, which you are going to use for the two-color bread baking.
9. Put one dough sheet over another and roll in a single piece.
10. Place the roll-up in a baking dish and leave it in a warm place under the kitchen napkin for one more hour. An hour after, grease the raised dough with water or milk and sprinkle it with poppy or sesame seeds. Put the dish into a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Bake the two-color bread at the 180-degree temperature. Check if the loaf is baked by picking it with a toothpick.
So, the loaf of two-color bread is baked!
Enjoy your meal!