Let’s vary the custom vareniky or Ukrainian dumplings with farmer cheese adding a handful of raisins in its filling. The dried fruit pieces match baked puddings, farmer (cottage) cheese pancakes or filling for flour dishes perfectly. We recommend choosing farmer cheese with high percentage of fat or homemade one, as ideal.
You may boil and serve wonderful vareniky with farmer cheese and raisins at once. You may also get a stock of semi-product in the deep freeze and you’ll thank yourself later. If you follow the recipe, you will get amazingly smooth and tender dough which matches different filling: berries, fruit, meat, vegs, mushrooms, etc one.
Serve the cooked vareniky with farmer cheese and raisins hot, having tossed it with butter or sour cream carefully.
To cook vareniky with farmer cheese and raisins you will need the next ingredients:
- 1 2/5 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/5 cup of milk
- 3-4 tbsp of sugar
- 10,5 oz of farmer cheese
- 1,7 oz of raisins
- 2 eggs
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Pour the flour in hollow bowl or dump it right onto your counter, mix it with salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 egg.
2. Pour in the room temperature milk and start kneading.
3. Knead the dough until it is smooth. Let the elastic mass rest for 20-30 minutes.
4. To make the filling, stir the farmer cheese with sugar rests, the second egg and a handful of rinsed raisins. Mix the ingredients until the dried fruit spread evenly.
5. Roll out the tender dough to a sheet 2-3 mm thick.
6. Take a round cookie cutter or a cup about 3-3,5 inches in diameter and cut out round disks to make even vareniky.
7. Place a heaping teaspoon of farmer cheese filing in the centre of each disk.
8. Press the edges to seal with fingers tightly, hiding farmer cheese with raisins inside the circle and form something like half-moon.
9. Cue the edges to give dumpling fine view and to fix the dough disks more tightly.
10. Cook the semi-product in rapidly boiling salted water. Keep vareniky in water for another couple of minutes after it float.
So, vareniky with farmer cheese and raisins is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!