Keep close to the ingredients layers order: put solid, fleshy vegs first, than put soft, quickly-cooking ones. Fairy ramekins will do the rest of the job. Serve tender and soft vegetable stew baked in ramekins with fresh greens to your taste.
To cook veggie stew in ramekins you will need the next ingredients:
- 10,5 oz of potato
- 1,7-3,5 oz of carrot and squash each
- 1 red onion and tomato each
- 1-2 stalks of leeks and celery
- 3,5 oz of cauliflower
- 1-2 branches of thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 of garlic bulb
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- salt, pepper, greens
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Choose small red potatoes, wash it carefully, cut into 4-6 chunks and fry skinned until brown on the preheated oil with garlic cloves and rosemary branches added. Salt and pepper. Cook over high heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring time after time.
2. Place the fried vegetables into ceramic ramekins. Put the orange cuts of carrot and squash flesh next.
3. Cut fragrant celery stalks into large chunks and place next.
4. Keep placing salad ingredients into ramekins, throw there a large handful of leeks rings.
5. Don’t forget about juicy and sweet red onion.
6. Remove cauliflower florets from the head and put them into ramekins.
7. Cut a large and ripe tomato into several slices and cover the cauliflower florets with it. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, salt and pepper.
8. Pour boiling water into ramekins, covering veggies platter on one third. Cover the ramekins with lids or foil sheets and place them into preheated oven. Bake the stew at the temperature of 190 degrees for about 50-60 minutes.
So, vegetable stew in ramekins is cooked!
Enjoy your meal!