There are a number of filling variants for pot pies, including fish, chicken and meat fillings. Pot pie is baked with sweet fillings either, consisting of berries and fruits.
Our variant of vegetable pot pie repeats the famous British-cuisine dish’s baking technology, displays the recipe easiness vividly and suggests foodies taking note of it. Serve baked veggie pot pie hot or cooled, decorate it with fresh greens if you wish.
To bake two servings of veggie pot pie you will need the next ingredients:
- 3,5 oz of puff pastry
- 1 potato, carrot, tomato each
- ½ bulb of onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1,7 oz of sweet pepper, green peas (frozen or fresh) each
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- 0,2 pt of milk (or diary cream)
- salt, pepper, greens
- Prep and Cook time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Wash vegetables, peel it and chop on media-sized square chunks. As for frozen mixed vegetables, use it without additional preparation.
2. Heat a pan or stewpan for two minutes, grease it with oil heavily and place vegetable mix there. Sprinkle with dried species and sauté over high heat for 4-5 minutes.
3. Pour in milk, stir and keep sautéing over high heat until liquid almost steamed off.
4. Spoon the semi-cooked stew into ramekins.
5. Roll out slightly a defrosted puff pastry sheet and cut it into stripes 0,3 inch in width. Pitch the dough stripes to ramekins’ edges.
6. Cut circles from the dough rests according to your ramekins’ diameter. Cover the ramekins with dough circles, hiding the filling.
7. Press the dough edges to seal with a fork and spike the pies’ top for ventilation. Bake the pot pies in preheated to 180-190 degrees oven for 20 minutes. Hot appetizers will be baked as soon as the crust top became roasted and brown.
So, veggie pot pie is baked!
Enjoy your meal!