Our fluffy yeast-leavened rolls with farmer cheese differ either with white-snow crumb, attracting glaze crust or with halved lemon zest, added into dough. The pastry has amazing taste thanks to slight citrus flavor. It is good with milk, mors, and with strong black tea with sugar.
If you take this literally perfect dough cooking technique from this recipe on board, you will be able to enjoy your nearest and dearest with oven-fresh pies, cakes and sweet cheese Danish.
To bake yeast-leavened rolls with farmer cheese you will need the next ingredients:
- 12 oz of bleached flour
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2,5-2.8 oz of sugar
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/3 cup of milk, divided
- 1 tsp of dry yeast, lemon zest each
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 7 oz of farmer cheese
- 1-2 tbsp of poppy seed
- Prep and Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
1. Add yeast and 1 tablespoon of sugar into 1/3 of warmed milk to start the fermentation process. Leave it for 10-15 minutes until foam will appear on the surface.
2. Mix eggs and the rest of sugar in another bowl, add salt.
3. Add previously melted and cooled butter in egg-sugar mixture, add milk rests and whisk.
4. Add lemon zest, which give the pastry an amazing fresh taste.
5. Add fermented yeast mixture.
6. Sieve flour and add it into the bowl. Start the most difficult process, we mean kneading.
7. Keep kneading tender dough carefully for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle the ball with flour and leave it under a towel in a warm place for the next 2-2,5 hours.
8. Fold highly raised dough over into itself putting little effort.
9. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts, press each of them, put farmer cheese filling with a teaspoon of sugar into the center, seal the ball and hide the filling.
10. Arrange balls inside a springform pan and leave for another 30 minutes.
11. Grease the raised rolls with yolk whisked with milk/water, dust it with dry poppy seeds and put into preheated oven. Bake at the 180 degrees temperature for around 30-40 minutes.
So, yeast-leavened rolls with farmer cheese are baked!
Enjoy your meal!